Company: Exide Technologies
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Overview The position supports and assists the Plant Controller by auditing, updating and analyzing cost data to detect control deficiencies, liabilities, or non-compliance to controls. They will assist in monthly closings, analysis of costs, and the preparation of the budget. Responsibilities
- Responsible for plant accounting and reporting functions for Columbus IBC Manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible for plant cost analysis, and scrap analysis.
- Take active role in identifying manufacturing cost reduction and profit improvement opportunities.
- Prepare and reconcile general ledger accounts and expense accruals;
- Examine payroll, accounting, and financial information to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to procedural & reporting standards and report variances to the Plant Controller.
- Maintain and improve administrative effectiveness in a cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for production reporting; manufacturing, inventory and product costing; month end cutoffs, and accruals; accounts payable and capital project analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate Fixed Assets records and preforming annual Fixed Asset Audit as directed by corporate.
- Participate in training and development programs.
- Responsible for the daily functions when Controller is out of the plant and backs up the accounts payable job functions for vacation coverage. Assists team with scrap entry and reporting as needed.
- Follow quality, health and safety practices as they apply to work and the facility.
- Perform whatever other responsibilities and duties that are assigned by Controller. Qualifications
- Highly motivated individual with good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees.
- Good computer skill including use of Word, Excel, JDE and other software.
- Initiative and willingness to take on multiple projects.LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to read, analyze and interpret payroll and accounting rules, company policies and procedures; Effectively communicate with co-workers, customer and management. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.WORK ENVIRONMENTWhile performing the duties of this job, individual is normally in an office environment. Will occasionally be in the plant facilities. EEO Statement Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. About Exide Exide Technologies () is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide's 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world's current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Keywords: Exide Technologies, Columbus , Plant Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!