Chief Financial Officer
Company: Career Transitions, LLC
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Chief Financial OfficerFull-TimeA privately held manufacturing
organization, based in Columbus, GA is currently seeking The Chief
Financial Officer (CFO) for the organization. This role plays a key
role in developing, monitoring and evaluating overall corporate
strategy with the President and Executive Leadership Team. The CFO
will be a business partner to the ownership and leadership team and
will be responsible for financial decision making and planning. The
CFO will oversee the overall accounting process of the Company and
have responsibility for the financial consolidation of the
Company's various business units and locations in Georgia. The CFO
will work in concert with the leadership team on a broad range of
strategic initiatives designed to grow the organization and
maintain and improve the financial health of the Company. CFO Key
- Act as a strategic business partner to the President and
leadership team and senior-level managers.
- Lead, guide, and develop the staff of the Accounting and
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and
long-term growth plan of organization.
- Safeguard the assets of the company and its subsidiaries by
developing and maintaining system of internal controls as well as
assure accurate and timely recordkeeping of all transactions by
implementing and maintaining disciplines of internal audits,
controls and checks across all department in all business units in
accordance with accounting standards and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, supportable Balance Sheet.
- Prepare and review financial reports for trends and performance
against goals, budget, and provide financial analyses and
comparisons. Prepare timely monthly financial reports and actively
- Coordinating and oversight of monthly book inventories and
quarterly/annual physical inventories.
- Oversee corporate taxes: quarterly estimates, deferred
expenses, and LIFO calculations.
- Prepare and file Quarterly and annual payroll related tax
reports and returns (including federal & state taxes, UC tax, 941,
G-7, W-2, 940, 1099 and group life insurance benefits).
- Prepare other tax related reports and file returns (including
sales tax, occupation taxes, property tax and freeport
- Lead annual budgeting and forecasting for the Company.
- Participate and strategize with the Leadership Team to oversee
the accounting and management of the employee benefits and
- Process the salaried payroll and member draws.
- Oversee the Company's insurance coverages including handling
renewals and providing renewal information as required.
- Lead acquisition studies, due diligence, purchasing accounting
and intangible valuations.
- Oversee and be responsible for the annual audit including the
coordination and activities of the independent auditors.
- Lead banking relations, including day-to-day operating
activities, as well as credit and loan activities and reporting
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance cash
- Establish and manage all processes related to cash management
including oversight of Accounts Receivable collections and Accounts
- Maintain an accurate and manageable cost system for the
Company's business units.
- Be part of a group to evaluate, select, and implement a new ERP
by EOY 2023.
- Manage the IT functions and personnel.CFO Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or
Finance. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
- Experience in the development and application of management
accounting and metrics within the manufacturing context.
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls
and compliance-related issues.
- Experience leading the financial evaluations of mergers and
acquisitions candidates.Compensation DOE: Up to $175K with
additional incentives.Send resume to Dan WittersCareer Transitions
is actively recruiting for this role and introducing qualified
candidates to the hiring manager. Career Transitions offers
Recruiting, Contract Staffing, and Outplacement services
nationally. Our team members have extensive experience working with
technical, degreed, and astute professionals throughout the
employment lifecycle. Our recruiting services support functional
area's of Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Customer Service
and Support, Engineering and Technology, Human Resources,
Industrial, Manufacturing, Operations, Sales and Marketing, Science
and Research, Software and Development, Supply Chain, Warehouse,
Distribution.To learn more about our firm
https://www.careertransitionsllc.comTo learn more about jobs near
me or national job openings visit
#cfojobs #accountingjobs #leadership #csuitejobs #hiring
Keywords: Career Transitions, LLC, Columbus , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Columbus, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!